Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Danny Ayers <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/12 15:54:01 UTC

User Management/LdViewableWriter IllegalStateException

[I'll post again later re. User Management module more generally, re.
STANBOL-897, but before going any further I could do with a working
system :) ]

>From a checkout & install from svn, I believe a pristine system, when
I click on the User Management tab I'm getting a 500:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: WRITER
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.getOutputStream(Response.java:594)
	at javax.servlet.ServletResponseWrapper.getOutputStream(ServletResponseWrapper.java:112)
	at org.apache.stanbol.commons.usermanagement.WebConsolePlugin.renderContent(WebConsolePlugin.java:79)
	at org.apache.felix.webconsole.AbstractWebConsolePlugin.doGet(AbstractWebConsolePlugin.java:155)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)

When I was working from a git clone of a git clone of the svn (!) this
wasn't happening, but I haven't been able to track down what's
changed.

Possibly related is this message on startup:

WARNING: A HTTP GET method, public void
org.apache.clerezza.platform.security.permissioncheck.PermissionCheck.checkPermission(java.lang.String),
MUST return a non-void type.

The call which leads to the 500 is:

private LdViewableWriter rdfViewableWriter;

        RdfViewable rdfViewable = new RdfViewable(
            "org/apache/stanbol/commons/usermanagement/webConsole.ftl",
            userManager.getUserType());

        rdfViewableWriter.writeTo(rdfViewable, RdfViewable.class,
RdfViewable.class,
            RdfViewable.class.getAnnotations(), MediaType.TEXT_HTML_TYPE,
            null, response.getOutputStream());

I've tried a dummy .ftl - that didn't change anything, and
userManager.getUserType() is producing an appropriate value (a
foaf:Agent).

 I vaguely remember this kind of exception arising when you try
writing to a closed stream. But there's so much filter chaining going
on, and not a little magic, it's really hard to see what's going
wrong.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Danny.

--
http://dannyayers.com

http://webbeep.it  - text to tones and back again

Fwd: User Management/LdViewableWriter IllegalStateException

Posted by Danny Ayers <da...@gmail.com>.
oops...

Re: User Management/LdViewableWriter IllegalStateException

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
Clearly something seems quite weird of using the MessageBodyWriter
which should be a service for JAX-RS in this non JAX-RS context. The
Original Version was directly accessing LdRenderer.

You should see when this changed and maybe reopen the issue the change
was associated with.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.