Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by my_forum <my...@ukr.net> on 2008/10/01 14:31:44 UTC

MDB pool size

Guys,
Could anyone tell me how I can to increase MDB pool size (the default value
is 10 as far as I understand). I tryied to set Pool Min Size = 20 and Pool
Max Size = 50 while setting up the connection factory but looks like this
does not have any effect i.e. the the pool is still equal to 10 (ten
messages are processed simultaneously)

Re: MDB pool size

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
One thing to keep in mind while setting the instance limit. I just
tried it out in trunk in config.xml

 <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car">
<gbean gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.system.properties.SystemProperties"
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=CustomPropertiesGBean">
<attribute name="systemProperties">Apache/TestingJMS/1/rar.TestingJMS-javax.jms.MessageListener.InstanceLimit=100</attribute>
</gbean>
    </module>

Here notice the name of the Mdb container. It is actually in the
format $moduleName.$shortName-javax.jms.MessageListener where
$moduleName is the name of the resource adapter module the mdb is
using i.e Apache/TestingJMS/1/rar and the shortName in this case is
the value of the resourceadapter-name property in the RA plan i.e.
TestingJMS. So the property can be set as
containerName.propertyName=propertyValue or
Apache/TestingJMS/1/rar.TestingJMS-javax.jms.MessageListener.InstanceLimit=100

Regards
Manu

Re: MDB pool size

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.