Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2022/10/18 20:49:31 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Retire CXF DOSGI?

Hi all,

What do you think about moving CXF DOSGI to the attic? There is very
little activity for many years now (last commit 2.5 years ago -
https://github.com/apache/cxf-dosgi/commits/main). It's just a
maintenance burden unless someone steps up to maintain it properly.

Colm.

Re: [DISCUSS] - Retire CXF DOSGI?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Colm

Yes, I think it makes sense. I don't think CXF DOSGi is heavily used.

Regards
JB

Re: [DISCUSS] - Retire CXF DOSGI?

Posted by Jim Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1. It makes sense to retire it.

Re: [DISCUSS] - Retire CXF DOSGI?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
We definitely don't use it in TomEE.  As noted already there are definitely no plans in Jakarta to adopt OSGi -- even support for modules isn't required or in any current plans.

-David

Re: [DISCUSS] - Retire CXF DOSGI?

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] - Retire CXF DOSGI?