Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jens Skripczynski <sk...@myrealbox.com> on 2003/10/10 05:50:37 UTC

[OT] tomcat netiquete; please ban autoresponders

Arjen van der Weijden:
> I will be out of the office starting  10/10/2003 and will not return until
> 11/04/2003.
>
> I will respond to your message when I return.
Since this happens quite often, I think it may be usefull, to add
another etiquette to the general mailinglist page.

I belief autoresponders (on holiday / moved email / ... )
in not usefull, if it is replying to a mailinglist.

It is the responsebility of the subscriber to resubscribe with his
new email or to pause his subscription or subscribe from a different
accout.

For me tomcat-user is the only mainlinglist, where autoresponses
appear. Maybe because of the large number of people subscribed.
They do not hurt too much, but are an anoying background noise
- not neccassary nor informative, but each costs a few cents
transmitting and more people reading and deleting...

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripi-lists(at)myrealbox(dot)com

In this world there are only two tragedies; one is not getting
what one wants, the other is getting it.
                                  -- Oscar Wild