Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Giancarlo Dessena <gi...@xyrality.com> on 2013/06/06 14:00:22 UTC

[ApacheDS] Integrate users from external database into LDAP

Hello everybody,

I have to anticipate that I'm pretty new to LDAP and apacheDS,
so please forgive me if I'm not using the right wording and/or have misunderstood some of the concepts.
Now to my problem:
I have an external database, which contains users that have to be integrated into LDAP.
I want to achieve this without having to import them to the LDAP database
Example:
ROOT

 `ou=externalUsers
   [0..100] <-------(Read from external Database)

What is the ideal way to achieve this?

Greetings

Carlo

Re: [ApacheDS] Integrate users from external database into LDAP

Posted by Giancarlo Dessena <gi...@xyrality.com>.
Hi everybody,

I did some research and found out that what I'm trying to achieve is not exactly the task of a directory service.
I wanted to integrate users from different Databases into the directory service and sync the changes between them.
To achieve this you should use an Identity Management System, which basically acts as a synchronization and propagation service between different resources like RDBMS, LDAP, etc..
I found an open source solution which fits my needs. It's called Apache Syncope (http://syncope.apache.org/)
Anyway it would still be nice to get the sample partition implementation from <elecarny>, so that i can use it for future implementations :)

Greetings Carlo

Posted by Giancarlo Dessena <gi...@xyrality.com>.