Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2017/03/10 05:41:30 UTC

[FlexJS] ASDoc (was Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Renaming this thread to get more attention as well.

The Ant build is trying to generate ASDoc and failing because it uses the
Flex SDK compiler to generate ASDoc and it can't handle the new compiler
features we've added to Falcon.

So again, see my questions below.  The ASDoc example is ugly but somewhat
operational [1][2].  Should we switch to using it for now?

Thanks,
-Alex

[1] https://s.apache.org/FlexJSASDoc
[2] https://s.apache.org/FlexJSASDocJS

Re: [FlexJS] ASDoc (was Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK, I removed the Flex SDK ASDoc part of the build.  Next build is
probably less than 2 hours away.

-Alex

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
+1 For switching, because everything is better than having a legacy dependency on the old FDK.
+1 For adding a marker to implement something to produce static content as soon as we have the time.

Chris

Am 10.03.17, 07:12 schrieb "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com>:

    On 3/9/17, 9:45 PM, "piotrz" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi Alex,
    >
    > +1 for switching.
    >
    >I can spent some time to try make your ADoc visually similar to the old
    >one.- But for sure it won't be fast. My reference will be
    >http://flex.apache.org/asdoc/
    >
    >It can be nice excercises.

    I suppose it won't ever be as fast as static HTML, but we do want to see
    how close we can get.  Also, I think it might be possible for the FlexJS
    version to have fancier filtering and searching than the static version.

Posted by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Sencha docs are eating their own dog food and doing fancy filtering. It
looks nice [1] for Sencha Touch 2.3, but gets slow for ExtJS 6.2 [2].

[1] http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2.3.1/#!/api
[2] http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.2.0/

Re: [FlexJS] ASDoc (was Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.