Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Sean Hughes <se...@evidence.dev> on 2021/11/18 05:46:05 UTC

ECharts for Evidence

Hi,

I’m one of the founders of Evidence - a web framework for data analysts.
I’ve been building charts with ECharts for a few weeks now and have been
very impressed with your library and your prompt responses for issues on
Github!

I’m hoping to use ECharts as our main chart library for our product, but
there are a few issues holding us back from being able to do that. I was
hoping to hear if you have plans to address these in future versions of
the product and if so, how high up on your priority list they are.

Because we’re building a reusable framework for our users, we’re not
able to anticipate all potential situations, and as a result we can’t
make one-time adjustments (e.g., adding extra padding in one version of
a chart). Here are the issues we’re having:
Stacking on x-axis with type = value or time (bar and area chart
stacking do not work consistently)
I believe we may be able to handle this by writing some custom data
transformation logic to sync the values/times for our data series
Labels getting cut off by chart area (containLabel not covering all
labels on chart)
Though it wouldn’t be ideal, in the short-term if we could override the
overflow:hidden option on the DOM container, it would at least stop the
labels from looking cut off if there is whitespace beside the chart
I’ve created GitHub issues for other things we need in the library, but
those are minor things that I can work on. These two issues are major
blockers for us, so I have my fingers crossed that they’re on the
roadmap.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Sean

sean@evidence.dev
(416) 910-9764

Re: ECharts for Evidence

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
Since ECharts is open source you can always try to implement a solution yourself and submit a PR!

All the best,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Re: ECharts for Evidence