Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2010/03/30 21:58:33 UTC

FreeBSD builds

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 04:54:22PM -0700, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 01:47:40PM -0700, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> > I'll probably get the alloca() problem sorted with a Charmonizer patch later
> > today.
>
> Done.  That should solve this FreeBSD 6.x problem:
>
>     http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/7014815

Success:

   http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/7041287

> Wish I had access to a FreeBSD 8.x box so I could figure out what went wrong
> here:
>
>     http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/7013414

Still broken, same problem:

   http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/7037224

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [Lucy] FreeBSD builds

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.
Peter Karman wrote on 4/2/10 9:36 PM:
> Marvin Humphrey wrote on 3/30/10 2:58 PM:
>
>>> Wish I had access to a FreeBSD 8.x box so I could figure out what went wrong
>>> here:
>>>
>>>     http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/7013414
>>
>> Still broken, same problem:
>>
>>    http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/7037224
>>

> I just did a fresh install of FreeBSD 8.0 stable on a local VM, and tested both
> KS 0.30_10 from CPAN and from svn, against the following:
>
>  * locally compiled Perl 5.8.9
>  * locally compiled Perl 5.10.1
>  * perl 5.8.9_3 from ports
>
> All built fine and passed all tests.
>
> Which leads me to believe that there is something wonky about that cpantesters
> environment.

I should add that this was a i386 FreeBSD on a VirtualBox vm running on OSX 10.6
Intel 64-bit arch. It looks like that test referenced about was running the same
dist, but had these compiler flags different than mine:

 -O2 -mtune=athlon64 -pipe

whereas I simply had:

 -O

I tried running with the same compiler flags and it still worked for me.

Re: [Lucy] FreeBSD builds

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.

Re: [Lucy] FreeBSD builds

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 11:01:30PM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> >> Wish I had access to a FreeBSD 8.x box so I could figure out what went wrong
> >> here:
> >>
> >>     http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/7013414
> >
> > Still broken, same problem:
> >
> >    http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/7037224
>
> this should be fixed in svn trunk now as of r6046. The problem was not
> FreeBSD-specific, but instead the case where $Config{'cc'} value had whitespace,
> as with 'ccache cc'. Along the way I also fixed the case where 'cc' could not be
> overridden per the Module::Build docs, so now this works:
>
>  perl Build.PL --config cc=something

Super!

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [Lucy] FreeBSD builds