Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/03 11:33:24 UTC

Multiple instances of the wsdl registry causes intermittent test failures

Currently the axis2 binding scdl includes the idl.wsdl scdl [1] to fix
problems with inter-extension dependencies, but it looks like this causes
two instances of the wsdl registry to be created. This causes intermittent
failures in the axis2 itests as sometimes the wsdl isn't in the registry
used by the Axis2 binding.

What can we do about that?

I wondered if there really should be a wsdl registry instance per
contribution or per composite? Could we use something like whats being
discussed on the other thread about attaching context to a composite?

   ...ant

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/branches/sca-java-integration/sca/extensions/axis2/binding/src/main/resources/META-INF/sca/binding.axis2.scdl

Re: Multiple instances of the wsdl registry causes intermittent test failures

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The WSDL registry will be refactored into the ContributionService. The idea
is to have each contribution keeps a WSDL registry to hold all WSDL
definitions from the contribution and use it to resolve WSDL artifacts.
We're in the middle of doing that now and hopefully it'll work sometime next
week.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Mar 3, 2007, at 2:33 AM, ant elder wrote:

> Currently the axis2 binding scdl includes the idl.wsdl scdl [1] to fix
> problems with inter-extension dependencies, but it looks like this
> causes
> two instances of the wsdl registry to be created. This causes
> intermittent
> failures in the axis2 itests as sometimes the wsdl isn't in the
> registry
> used by the Axis2 binding.
>
> What can we do about that?
>
> I wondered if there really should be a wsdl registry instance per
> contribution or per composite? Could we use something like whats being
> discussed on the other thread about attaching context to a composite?

I don't think you can safely rely on attaching context to a composite
given multi-VM deployment as a component  may be deployed on a
different node than its parent. In other words, we need to assume
nodes will have sparse component trees. Another thing that needs to
be accounted for is how contributions are indexed by a Domain
Controller or a delegate and provisioned across the SCA Domain, WSDL
being one type.

In terms of handling sparse component trees and how a WSDL registry
may be managed on a node, it probably should be a system component
registered with the local ComponentManager. In the kernel, the
ComponentManager addresses the multi-VM issue by "managing" a flat
collection of  components deployed on a node. The position of a
component in a composite hierarchy can be imputed from its URI. In
addition, the ComponentManager handles component namespaces through
the URI. There are currently three: one corresponding to
"application" services in the the SCA domain; one corresponding to
"system" services in the domain; and one corresponding to the
runtime. The simplest design would probably have one WSDL registry as
a system service per composite *uri* in the runtime namespace. When a
node receives a stop event from the Domain Controller for a
particular URI, it will be propagated to the registry.

I think this will solve the issues you are encountering.

Jim