Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Julian Grunnell <jg...@firstnet.net.uk> on 2002/02/25 12:28:12 UTC

mod_rewrite / virtual host help

Hi - I'm looking for some help in converting the current web servers I run
from using virtual hosts to using mod_rewrite.

The platform is Apache/1.3.17 on Solaris 7 with SSL.

I currently have in the region of 600 virtual hosts with a handful of SSL
sites.

I have tested mod_rewrite on a test server using the Apache "Dynamically
configured mass virtual hosting" document and this works fine.

What I would like to do is replace several virtual hosts with the
mod_rewrite rules for more testing first, not just switch from all virtual
hosts to mod_rewrites in one go.

Is there a way to have both virtual host entries and mod_rewrites together
as I seem only to be able to get it to work with one or the other? The main
stumbling block I seem to have encountered is that mod_rewrite requires
UseCanonicalName to be Off whilst virtual hosts require it to be On.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this?

Thanks in advance - Julian.

- Julian Grunnell, 2nd Line Technical Support - Firstnet Services Limited
- tel: 0113 292 7736 : http://www.firstnet.net.uk
- [ This message subject to: http://www.firstnet.net.uk/disclaimer.html ]

RE: mod_rewrite / virtual host help

Posted by Julian Grunnell <jg...@firstnet.net.uk>.
Cheers - used option 2 and it works a treat.

Many thanks - Julian.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.