Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mo...@asu.edu on 2002/09/17 17:41:48 UTC

installing SSL

I'm trying to get my Tomcat version 3.2  to work with SSL.  So far
I've done the following

1. downloaded the JSSE, unpacked the jars
2. placed the 3 JSSE jars in the $JAVA_HOME/lib/ext directoryy
3. placed the 3 JSSE jars in the $TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory
4. defined a JSSE_HOME variable to point to $TOMCAT_HOME/lib
5. included the JSSE_HOME directory in my PATH variable
6. created a certificate using keytool -genkey -alias tomcat - keyalg RSA
7. uncommented the following line of code in my TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml
   <Http10Connector  port="8443" secure="true" />

when I execute the startup.sh command, I get the following error:
EmbededTomcat: exception initializing ContextManager
org.apache.tomcat.core.TomcatException: Error loading SSLImplementation
        at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.PoolTcpConnector.checkSocketFactory(PoolTcpConnector.java:202)
<rest of stack trace snipped>

Is there something more I need to put in my <connector> tag? Did I miss
a step?  What should I do?

--Monte Glenn Gardner