Posted to users@camel.apache.org by N Venkatesh <n_...@hcl.com.INVALID> on 2022/11/09 05:51:36 UTC

Can we use custom socket connection in RabbitMQ camel component

Classification: Confidential
Hi Team,

We are trying to connect RabbitMQ server connection through existing camel component using customized socket connection. Here we want to supply proxy host and proxy port via customized socket connection object.

Can you please tell us, RabbitMQ camel component will support customized socket connection .

We tried below approach using java code:

SocketConfigurator socketConfigurator = SocketConfigurators.defaultConfigurator();
               socketConfigurator.configure(customSocket);

       endpoint.getConnectionFactory().setSocketConfigurator(socketConfigurator);

Note:
endpoint : it is a existing RabbitMQ camel component endpoint (https://camel.apache.org/components/3.18.x/rabbitmq-component.html)
customSocket : it is a customized java socket object from java.net.Socket package.

Regards,
Venkatesh
::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.
________________________________

Re: Can we use custom socket connection in RabbitMQ camel component

Posted by Claudio Miranda <cl...@claudius.com.br>.
On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 6:46 AM N Venkatesh <n_...@hcl.com.invalid> wrote:

> We are trying to connect RabbitMQ server connection through existing camel component using customized socket connection. Here we want to supply proxy host and proxy port via customized socket connection object.
>
> Can you please tell us, RabbitMQ camel component will support customized socket connection .

I suggest to create a custom com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory and
sets the SOCKS proxy, then register this connectionFactory and
references it in the rabbitmq endpoint

See how to create the rabbitmq connectionFactory
https://groups.google.com/g/rabbitmq-users/c/b2zrs3FKiLo

--
  Claudio Miranda

claudio@claudius.com.br
http://www.claudius.com.br

Re: Can we use custom socket connection in RabbitMQ camel component

Posted by Chirag <ch...@gmail.com>.
what type of proxy are you using?
are you able to make connection to RabbitMQ using Proxy using Java
outside of Camel program?
have you reviewed https://www.rabbitmq.com/networking.html#proxy-protocol

ચિરાગ/चिराग/Chirag
Sent from My Gmail Account