Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2005/06/24 18:57:13 UTC

Minutes of JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Jun 24, 9 am PST

Atendees: Michael Watzek, Matthew Adams, Martin Zaun, Geoff Hendrey,
Erik Bengston, Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse.

Michelle checked in TestRunner this week. Unexpectedly, it resulted in a
~6x performance improvement. This is apparently caused by using table
names explicitly qualified by the schema name and is likely specific to
Derby as a datastore.  Michael completed the ICompany package and
submitted the patch which was checked in. He is currently implementing
clean-up for the remainder of the tests that don't already clean up. At
the moment there are still duplicate key errors whose cause is unknown.

Geoff is fixing bugs in JDOMax revealed by the new TCK11 tests.

Erik has taken a look at the test errors in the query.operator package
and is working on JPOX bug fixes for these.

Matthew reports no changed on detached objects status. Plans to port
some JPOX unit tests to the TCK.
AI: Michelle to send pdf of latest spec with assertions to Matthew,
Michael B.

Discussed JPOX options for disabling validations of database entities.
It appears that TCK20 sets all available options to false.
AI: Michelle to file JIRA issue, email to jdo-dev on cases where JPOX
seems to still attempt validation.

Action Items from weeks past:

AI JDO API release on ibiblio (Brian T) no change.

[Jun 3 2005]  AI: Craig file a JIRA on current errors.

[May 20 2005] AI: Craig file JIRA bug and fix this. Can test cases rely
on JDOHelper for state interrogation of non-binary-compatibility
classes? Yes, but the  JDO 2.0 JDOImplHelper class has not implemented
the functionality yet.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to
access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating and
uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to trunk
called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[April 15 2005] AI Matthew will create a directory in the
tck.api.persistencemanager called detach in which he will have complete
freedom to implement the assertions in the detach section of the
specification.

[April 22 2005] AI Craig will resolve what happens if an application
identity field is changed while the object is detached.

[April 22 2005] AI Craig will resolve the serialization contract for a
Detachable class so that implementations interoperate.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will implement pushing SNAPSHOT builds of
the project to ibiblio.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly builds.

[May 13 2005] AI Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to see
impact on enhancer.

[May 20 2005] AI Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if maven
can help.

-- Michelle

Re: week's status

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Correction below...

Michelle Caisse wrote:

> I won't be able to attend tomorrow's JDO TCK conference call, so here
> is my status. This week I checked in the following changes:
>
> Metadata changes
> JDO-65 Collections of wrapper types should default to
> embedded-element=false
> JDO-75 embedded-key and embedded-value should never have different
> values in our test cases
>
> Build changes
> Create a PMF properties file on the fly in maven.xml, to allow setting
> different values of  javax.jdo.option.Mapping and
> org.jpox.identifier.defaultSchemaName during a single test run.

Make that javax.jdo.mapping.Schema, not org.jpox...

-- Michelle

week's status

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
I won't be able to attend tomorrow's JDO TCK conference call, so here is
my status. This week I checked in the following changes:

Metadata changes
JDO-65 Collections of wrapper types should default to embedded-element=false
JDO-75 embedded-key and embedded-value should never have different
values in our test cases

Build changes
Create a PMF properties file on the fly in maven.xml, to allow setting
different values of  javax.jdo.option.Mapping and
org.jpox.identifier.defaultSchemaName during a single test run.
Change log file name so that timestamp is first for ease of sorting.

I will return a week from Monday, after the Sun Independence Day holiday
week.

-- Michelle

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Jul 1, 9 am PST

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Craig Russell, Michael Watzek, Michael Bouschen

1. Test status (Michelle, Michael W., Craig)

Checked in metadata changes:
JDO-65 Collections of wrapper types should default to embedded-
element=false
JDO-75 embedded-key and embedded-value should never have different
values in our test cases

Checked in build changes:
Create a PMF properties file on the fly in maven.xml, to allow
setting different values of  javax.jdo.option.Mapping and
javax.jdo.option.Mapping.Schema during a single test run.

2. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) no change

3. Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) This started with a
review of double checked locking but ended up with a larger issue of
handling transactions inside the container.

4. Detached objects (Matthew) no change

5. Meeting next week? (Michael W., Craig) Michael W. will run the
meeting next week.

6. TransactionHelper changes need to be reviewed in light of the new
interface proposal TransactionSynchronizationRegistry.

7. Issues with the spec. We need to describe in the spec that we
decided not to standardize float and double as single field identity
primary key fields. These types are required to be supported but they
are discouraged. AI: Craig update the spec.

8. ObjectIdentity class extends SingleFieldIdentity. AI: Craig add
this to the spec chapters 7 and 21.

9. JDOImplHelper methods JDOImplHelper.getNewObjectIdInstance might
need to be updated. AI: Craig.

10. Detachment contract wrt whether a StateManager is allowed by an
implementation: AI Craig.

11. Should jdoNewObjectIdInstance() throw JDOUserException or
JDOFatalInternalException? AI: Craig

12. Add a JUnit test for JDOHelper assertion A8.6-5 regarding
throwing the proper assertions. AI: Craig

Action Items from weeks past:

[Jun 24] AI: Michelle to send pdf of latest spec with assertions to
Matthew,
Michael B. [done]

[Jun 24] AI: Michelle to file JIRA issue, email to jdo-dev on cases
where JPOX
seems to still attempt validation. [not done]

[...]

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

RE: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Jul 1, 9 am PST

Posted by "Matthew T. Adams" <ma...@xcalia.com>.
Sorry, I will not be able to make this meeting.  I have no changes to
report.

--matthew