Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Hitesh <hi...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/03 05:05:44 UTC

Evictions started (cache may have reached its capacity). You may wish to increase 'maxSize' on eviction policy being used for cache

I am using fifo eviction policy, It is showing Eviction started but still, it
is showing older entries also.
I am using apache ignite V 2.3.

Re: Evictions started (cache may have reached its capacity). You may wish to increase 'maxSize' on eviction policy being used for cache

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hitesh,

Problem, that you described looks similar to the one described in the
following ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1535
Please consider submiting a patch, if this functionality is critical for
you.

Denis

Posted by Hitesh <hi...@gmail.com>.
I am getting all the entries new and old, including entries which should be
removed from the cache after adding new entries.

why am I getting old entries also?

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Hitesh,

Could you give a little bit more information about this case? Do you have
enough space for new entries? Could you share config file for your Ignite
nodes?

Evgenii

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
HItesh,

We need more details to confirm your problem.
Please provide a project, that reproduces your issue. Archive, attached to
a letter, or a GitHub repository would be great.
I'd like to see, what is your cache configuration and how you check, that
old values are evicted.

Denis

Posted by Hitesh <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hitesh!

What do you mean by older versions?
FIFO eviction policy can limit size of a cache, and it specifies the order,
in which values will be evicted.

Does it work in some other way?

Denis