Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2018/01/05 23:15:46 UTC

Webinar: Introduction to Mojaloop - Wednesday January 10 at 1500GMT

Hello Mifos and Apache Fineract communities,

We're pleased to have Matt Bohan and other members of the Gates Foundation
lead a webinar giving an introduction and Q & A session on the recently
released Mojaloop <http://mojaloop.io>.

The webinar will be held on Wednesday January 10 at 1500GMT via
GoToTraining. Register at
https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/1711148343942447362

Mojaloop is "open-source software for building interoperable digital
payments platforms on a national scale. It makes it easy for different
kinds of providers to link up their services and deploy low-cost financial
services in new markets."

At the Mifos Initiative, we believe that Mojaloop nicely complements the
Mifos/Apache Fineract stack whereby we provide the core banking
infrastructure for client and mobile wallet account management, a financial
ledger, and portfolio account management needed by each Digital Financial
Service Provider to uniquely identify accounts and initiate and record
transactions on financial accounts.

While Mojaloop provides an open source platform enabling an internet of
payments providing secure, low-cost, interoperable payments utilizing the
following components:

Mojaloop includes four components: an interoperability layer, which
connects bank accounts, mobile money wallets, and merchants in an open
loop; a directory service layer, which navigates the different methods that
providers use to identify accounts on each side of a transaction; a
transactions settlement layer, which makes payments instant and
irrevocable; and, components which protect against fraud.

To learn more about Mojaloop read the press release
<https://www.gatesfoundation.org/Media-Center/Press-Releases/2017/10/Bill-Melinda-Gates-Foundation-Releases-Open-Source-Software-to-Expand-Access-to-Financial-Services>,
view the FAQ <https://github.com/mojaloop/mojaloop/blob/master/FAQ.md>, browse
the repo <https://github.com/mojaloop/> and of course attend the webinar
<https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/1711148343942447362>!

We look forward to being an active part of the Mojaloop community and are
working on some proof of concept integrations between Mojaloop and Fineract
1.0 and Fineract CN.

All the best,

*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative