Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Bertrand Guay-Paquet <be...@step.polymtl.ca> on 2012/10/02 18:35:41 UTC

conf/conf.d Directory + port 4200

Hi,

I followed the instructions from
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/security-howto.html , in the
"Non-Tomcat settings" section regarding the file permissions of the
different directories. With these, the TomEE process can only write to
the logs/, temp/ and work/ directories.

While searching why port 4200 is open, I found a file that is created on
the first run of tomee : conf/conf.d/admin.properties. Another file,
"hsql.properties" is created there as well. The fact that TomEE writes
to the conf directory is at odds with the file system security suggested
by Tomcat.

Is there a way to reconcile the security requirements with the
configuration files?

Are there other parts of the Tomcat documentation that must be modified
or dismissed when running TomEE? Is this documented somewhere?

Also, what is port 4200 anyway? I still haven't found out...

Thanks!
Bertrand

Re: conf/conf.d Directory + port 4200

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Not sure about the doc.

Admin service is mainly about standalone openejb (should be skipped in last
release). Hsql is to start a hsql remote server (you can disable it)

Posted by Bertrand Guay-Paquet <be...@step.polymtl.ca>.
Hi,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,