Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/11 03:32:51 UTC

[INFO] Some updates on the automatic visual regression testing tool

Hi all,

We have recently made a number of optimizations to our visual regression
testing tools and this email describes these updates:

1. The entire UI has been redesigned and provides a better experience. [1]
2. We can now choose from nightly builds to compare with.
It can minimize the difference between the dev branch and the master branch
if we wan't test if the dev branch breaks something. [1]
3. The size of screenshots has been reduced significantly. So we can save
and manage multiple runs on our disk. [1] [2]
4. After mocking the whole timer. The testing accuracy is improved
significantly. The false-positive rate has been reduced from about 10% to
nearing zero. [3] [4]

Further plans: Running the visual regression testing on the GitHub workflow.

[1] https://github.com/apache/echarts/pull/14862
[2] https://github.com/apache/echarts/pull/14745
[3] https://github.com/apache/echarts/pull/14894
[4] https://github.com/apache/echarts/pull/14906