Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/27 19:02:57 UTC

Android L

I'm reading the Lollipop API notes and the following seem like possibilities:

- Add new entries to config.xml to selectively enable setMixedContentMode() and setAcceptThirdPartyCookies() when desired for backward compatibility (off by default).
http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-5.0.html#Behaviors

- Add implementation for onPermissionRequest(PermissionRequest) and onPermissionRequestCanceled(PermissionRequest). But this should be handled by the developer in AndroidManifest.xml, so maybe not.
http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-5.0.html#UI

- Add implementation for onShowFileChooser() to the WebviewChromeClient. File input in html forms is finally fixed?
http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-5.0.html#UI

- Use some of the new Storage Access Framework APIs.
http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-5.0.html#Storage

Thoughts?

Re: Android L

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon Oct 27 2014 at 11:04:14 AM Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm reading the Lollipop API notes and the following seem like
> possibilities:
>
> - Add new entries to config.xml to selectively enable
> setMixedContentMode() and setAcceptThirdPartyCookies() when desired for
> backward compatibility (off by default).
> http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-5.0.html#Behaviors

  I like the new default behaviours, since they're more secure, and I think
that we should implement a content provider to serve our docs after 4.0 is
released as a 5.0.  It's too bad that we don't have this option when
targeting earlier versions of Android and that it forces Android "Quirks
Mode". Quirks Mode FTL. :(

> - Add implementation for onPermissionRequest(PermissionRequest) and
> onPermissionRequestCanceled(PermissionRequest). But this should be
> handled by the developer in AndroidManifest.xml, so maybe not.
> http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-5.0.html#UI
>
> DEATH TO THE CAMERA PLUGIN! Seriously, this is awesome and we should look
at using these instead.

Web APIs > Broken Plugin Nonsense!

> - Add implementation for onShowFileChooser() to the WebviewChromeClient.
> File input in html forms is finally fixed?
> http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-5.0.html#UI

Depends on what you think fixed means? I'm pretty sure the abstraction is
super weird, and we'll have to deal with Intent handling.