Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Chris Hane <ch...@itsolut.com> on 2006/05/10 18:21:07 UTC

....tree2.HtmlTreeRenderer.decode

I have been playing around with the tree2 control trying to make it do
what I want.  Nice control....

Question, I have been having issues with the following setup:
  - clientSideToggle = true
  - preserveToggle = false

When I have two windows open on the same view, the tree2 state is shared
between both.  This means that someone can not view two different
records and have different tree expand/collapse states.  Or more
specifically, when I execute an action (commandLink) on the tree and
return the same view (i.e., add/delete a TreeNode), the state of
expanded/collpased nodes is read from the cookie.

I think I traced it down to the HtmlTreeRenderer.decode method.

At line 123 is:

if(tree.isClientSideToggle())
{
    restoreStateFromCookies(context, component);
}

Shouldn't the if statement also look at the tree.isPreserveToggle()?
Not an expert in JSF by any stretch of the imagination, so if I'm on the
wrong track or this doesn't make sense just let me know....

Chris....

Re: ....tree2.HtmlTreeRenderer.decode

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a bug.  Please file a JIRA issue and I will take a look at
it.  Include the suggested fix mentioned in your email.  This is the
best way to make sure things don't get lost.

Sean