Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/21 13:39:42 UTC

Tapestry name

Sorry about this, but could not found on the wiki. Why Tapestry? I mean the
name ;)

Regards

Re: Tapestry name

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I believe in choosing a strong name and letting it become assocaiated
with the concept of the product.  At one point (remember, this was
about six years ago), I toyed with the idea of naming components
"Weavers" and so forth, but abandoned that as just stupid.

I once had someone ask me at a NFJS, "What does 'TAPESTRY' stand for?"
... took me a moment to understand he thought it was an acronym.
"Transation APllication Expression System, for, uh ... okay, it's not
an acronym".

On 12/21/05, Nils Zonneveld <n....@topdesk.com> wrote:
> Vinicius Carvalho wrote:
>
> >Sorry about this, but could not found on the wiki. Why Tapestry? I mean the
> >name ;)
> >
> >Regards
> >

> I guess because with a tapestry things are woven into each other. A
> tapestry of objects, if you like. But this is just a guess of course :-)

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: Tapestry name