Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2007/03/15 17:05:46 UTC

Message Caching Tweak

Howdy Folks,

I've been looking at the usefullness of the ability of Message to
cache thier MarshalledForm.  And Its looking that in practice it's not
yielding the performance enhancement that it wait attempting to achive
so I'm going to rip this stuff out shortly so that code get simpler
and hopefully less memory hungry.  Memory usage for each message
should go down by 50%

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Message Caching Tweak

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 3/15/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Howdy Folks,
>
> I've been looking at the usefullness of the ability of Message to
> cache thier MarshalledForm.  And Its looking that in practice it's not
> yielding the performance enhancement that it wait attempting to achive
> so I'm going to rip this stuff out shortly so that code get simpler
> and hopefully less memory hungry.  Memory usage for each message
> should go down by 50%

Great!
--

James