Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/05 22:33:07 UTC

Google's Summer of Code Application: MyFaces-examples proposal: MyFaces Pet Store

Hi dear MyFaces group,

I am a chinese student of the Universite de Marne la Vallee (Paris, France),
and am applying for the google's summer of code program. I'd like to join
the ASF's 'myfaces-examples' subject to propose a MyFaces-powered java pet
store implementation. You may check my CV here:
http://heavyz.sourceforge.net/site/resume-4.1.html

Currently, I am working on some personal java projects hosted on
sourceforge. Here is the list:

http://heavyz.sourceforge.net/zpetstore - a re-implementation of java pet
store using EJB2.0, JSTL, Apache Struts.
http://heavyz.sourceforge.net/elsie - a java content management system.
http://heavyz.sourceforge.net/espresso - a game developing framework for
J2ME MIDP 2.0
http://heavyz.sourceforge.net/pluto - a chinese translation of the Apache
Pluto project.

Here are details of my application based on the Perl's guide and the
existing MyFaces example proposals:

Project Title:

MyFaces Pet Store.**

Synopsis:

In fact, when learning EJB, i've already re-implemented the pet store demo
application using EJB 2.0, JSTL and Apache Struts. Here is the project home
page: http://heavyz.sourceforge.net/zpetstore

For the MyFaces project, i would provide a re-write of the pet store's web
tier using MyFaces instead of Struts.

Benefits to the Community:

A MyFaces implementation of pet store would provide to other developers in
the community an example of how to use JSF to implement the web tier, as
well as how to migrate existing applications from Apache Struts to JSF.

Deliverables:

The pet store demo application as an EAR, including the MyFaces web tier,
the delegation tier and the EJB tier.

Project Details:

The MyFaces pet store is a re-implementation of the Java Pet Store demo
application from Sun's J2EE BluePrints (http://java.sun.com/j2ee/blueprints).
It is a J2EE application built on EJB 2.0, JSTL and Apache MyFaces.

Project Schedule:

I am available to start working on this project right after it is approved.
The project will take about 2 months to complete, depending on other parts
of my schedule (work, school, etc).

--

ZHENG Zhong
heavyzheng.AT.gmail.com <http://heavyzheng.AT.gmail.com>

Re: Google's Summer of Code Application: MyFaces-examples proposal: MyFaces Pet Store

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
That sounds great,

but I would more like to see a *petstore* using Spring/Hivemind and
Hibernate/OJB

;))

--
Matthias Wessendorf