Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Doug Dates <hi...@yahoo.ca> on 2002/09/15 18:30:16 UTC

How to populate a collection to ActionForm

Hello:

I encountered a problem now. I appreciate your help.

In my action class, I got a collection of payments(Type of Vector). I want to populate the payments to my actionForm. The following is what I did in action class:

if (!payments.isEmpty()) {
         myForm.setPayments(payments);  //In myForm, I defined getPayments() and setPayments(..) methods.
  }

Also, I want to display the amount of individule payment of the collection. I think I should use iterate tag. The following is the part of my Jsp:

<logic:iterate id="payment" name="payments">
    <bean:write name="payment" property="amount">
</logic:iterate>

Is there something wrong with the code? Please help me.
 Thanks.

Doug

RE: How to populate a collection to ActionForm

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
Doug,

The name attribute in the logic:iterate tag identifies
the object which contains your collection. Since your form
contains your collection the name attribute value should be
your form name. Try the following:

<logic:iterate id="payment" name="formName" property="payments">
     <bean:write name="payment" property="amount">
</logic:iterate>

robert