Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> on 2012/11/12 22:02:20 UTC

clean up scripts in ide and ide/flashbuilder directories?

Now that the IDE installer is just about out the door I'd like to do some clean up in the ide and ide/flashbuilder directories unless anyone has objections.

In particular I'd like to delete these two pairs of scripts.  Both sets have issues, particularly on Windows.  Rather than bothering to maintain them or explain their limitations I think it best to just delete them.

ide/constructFlexForIDE.bat and ide/constructFlexForIDE.sh
ide/flashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.bat and ide/flashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh

If you're doing development and want to make your development tree into something that FlashBuilder can use you can use the "make-sdk" target in ide/flashbuilder/build.xml.  It uses  the standard dev mechanisms to find player global and the AIR sdk on the local system.
 We could modify build.xml to use FLEX_HOME or allow it to be specified with a -D switch.

The *disadvantage* of this  is that you dirty your tree - in particular flex-config.xml, air-config.xml and airmobile-config.xml are modified and you have to be careful not to check in these files.

Carol