Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Richard Keever <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/11 18:37:05 UTC

OpenOffice

I was reading on your website that you say openoffice is easy and that you will take to it if you are using another program.

Will, I do not like openoffice. I don't think it is that easy to use and I have not taken to it. I like my Word 2003 much better.
I only have openoffice installed on my computer because my instructor suggested it for class.

I do not want to uninstall it in case I have another class I need it for, but how do I disable it?

Thanks,
Rich
keev48@yahoo.com

Re: OpenOffice

Posted by Max Merbald <ma...@gmx.de>.
Hello there,

there is no need at all to "disable" OpenOffice. Just don't use it if
you don't like it. It's inactive when you don't use it. And I believe
it's just "not that easy" for you because you're  not used to it, and it
doesn't seem that you want to give it a try. That's a pity.  You might
want to be a bit more open for new things.

Max

Re: OpenOffice

Posted by Ian Lynch <ia...@gmail.com>.
On 11 May 2013 17:37, Richard Keever <ke...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was reading on your website that you say openoffice is easy and that you
> will take to it if you are using another program.
>
> Will, I do not like openoffice. I don't think it is that easy to use and I
> have not taken to it. I like my Word 2003 much better.
> I only have openoffice installed on my computer because my instructor
> suggested it for class.
>
> I do not want to uninstall it in case I have another class I need it for,
> but how do I disable it?
>
> Thanks,
> Rich
> keev48@yahoo.com

If you have not subscribed to the mailing list you will not see replies - I
have ccd your e-mail address in this one. If you don't like Apache
OpenOffice there is no obligation to use it. I'm guessing that your default
computer action is to open documents with OpenOffice and you want them to
open in Word and that is what you mean by disable Open Office? You need to
set the default program to open documents to be Word in your operating
system settings if that is the case.

--
Ian

Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications <https://theingots.org/community/faq#7.0>

Headline points in the 2014 and 2015 school league tables

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.