Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Yaar Reuveni <ya...@liveperson.com> on 2017/02/22 09:19:18 UTC

zeppelin ActiveDirectory Authentication won't work as expected

Hey,

No response on previous times I've asked this, trying again.

I configured Shiro authentication using Active directory,
I have checked this both on version 0.6 and 0.7 and it doesn't work in both.
I have a specific group in our active directory, and I wish to grant access
to users *only form that group*, but no matter what I configure all users
from the whole active directory can access.

Config looks like this (excluding/changing specific naming):

*[main] *
*activeDirectoryRealm =
org.apache.zeppelin.server.ActiveDirectoryGroupRealm*
*activeDirectoryRealm.systemUsername = <Our system user>*
*activeDirectoryRealm.systemPassword = <His password>*
*activeDirectoryRealm.searchBase = CN=Company ZepUsers,OU=Groups,DC=Company
Domain,DC=com*
*activeDirectoryRealm.url = <our url>*
*activeDirectoryRealm.groupRolesMap = "CN=Company
**ZepUsers,**OU=Groups,DC=Company
Domain,DC=com":"admin"*
*activeDirectoryRealm.authorizationCachingEnabled = false*
*activeDirectoryRealm.principalSuffix=@ourdomain*
*securityManager.realms = $activeDirectoryRealm*

*sessionManager = org.apache.shiro.web.session.mgt.DefaultWebSessionManager*
*securityManager.sessionManager = $sessionManager*

*securityManager.sessionManager.globalSessionTimeout = 86400000*
*shiro.loginUrl = /api/login *

*[urls]*
*/api/version = anon*

*/** = authc*
*/api/interpreter/** = authc, roles[admin]*
*/api/configurations/** = authc, roles[admin]*
*/api/credential/** = authc, roles[admin]  *

Note
1. There are spaces in AD path naming, not sure if this has any importance.
2. org.apache.zeppelin.server.ActiveDirectoryGroupRealm is the version 0.6
config in 0.7 I've used the newer class but all the rest exactly the same
3. The only one thing that does work is authorization, users out of the
group can't view the interpreter config page because it was defined so in
the urls

Can anyone help?

--
Yaar

--
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this on behalf of the

Re: zeppelin ActiveDirectory Authentication won't work as expected

Posted by Yaar Reuveni <ya...@liveperson.com>.
Formatting skewed the way it looks, trying to resend the shiro config just
so it's clear to read:

[main]
activeDirectoryRealm = org.apache.zeppelin.server.ActiveDirectoryGroupRealm
activeDirectoryRealm.systemUsername = <Our system user>
activeDirectoryRealm.systemPassword = <His password>
activeDirectoryRealm.searchBase = CN=Company ZepUsers,OU=Groups,DC=Company
Domain,DC=com
activeDirectoryRealm.url = <our url>
activeDirectoryRealm.groupRolesMap = "CN=Company
ZepUsers,OU=Groups,DC=Company Domain,DC=com":"admin"

--

Yaar Reuveni
R&D Team Leader

Posted by Michał Kabocik <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Yaar,

I have identical case as you have and also was asking for help on this
matter.
Unfortunately, based on my tests and assumptions, there is no such
functionality yet.
All, please correct me if I'm wrong.

King regards,
Michał