Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2008/03/26 18:21:00 UTC

Branch usage

I'm going to commit a larger set of changes to FOP Trunk tomorrow
morning (the outstanding support for all glyphs in a Type 1 font, now
complete with PS support). I just want to check that everyone's fine
with the following:

- FOP Trunk: Normal development activity (potentially unsafe changes)
- FOP Branch 0.95: Bugfixing for 0.95beta -> 0.95
- Commons Trunk: Normal development activity
- Commons Branch 1.3: Bugfixing for 1.3 -> 1.3.1 for the bugfix release
for 0.95 final. I'm going to selectively merge some fixes I've already
done in trunk into that branch.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Branch usage

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>>> On 26.03.2008 18:21:00 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
<snip/>
>>> When that's done I think we can do FOP 0.95 final
>>> soon thereafter. Is there anything still missing for FOP 0.95 final?
>> There were a few broken links when generating the website:
>> build/site/skin/images/tab-right.gif
>> build/site/skin/images/tab-left.gif
>> build/site/trunk/graphics.html: anchor #imageio not found
>> build/site/0.95/graphics.html: anchor #imageio not found
>
> I'll look into that later today.
>
>> Also, the regression introduced in bug #44412 would need to be fixed.
>
> Oh, right. Are you working on this?

No, I’m afraid I can’t spend any time on this.

Vincent

Re: Branch usage

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 28.04.2008 12:08:41 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > On 26.03.2008 18:21:00 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >> I'm going to commit a larger set of changes to FOP Trunk tomorrow
> >> morning (the outstanding support for all glyphs in a Type 1 font, now
> >> complete with PS support). I just want to check that everyone's fine
> >> with the following:
> >>
> >> - FOP Trunk: Normal development activity (potentially unsafe changes)
> >> - FOP Branch 0.95: Bugfixing for 0.95beta -> 0.95
> >> - Commons Trunk: Normal development activity
> >> - Commons Branch 1.3: Bugfixing for 1.3 -> 1.3.1 for the bugfix release
> >> for 0.95 final. I'm going to selectively merge some fixes I've already
> >> done in trunk into that branch.
> >
> > Does anyone mind if I just branch the Trunk for the next Commons
> > release? There are no significant new features since 1.3 which would
> > warrant merging the bugfixes into the 1.3 branch. Is it ok to call this
> > bugfix release 1.3.1? If there are no objections I'll start preparing
> > XGC 1.3.1 on Monday.
>
> A bit late sorry, but anyway I’m all ok with that.
>

> > When that's done I think we can do FOP 0.95 final
> > soon thereafter. Is there anything still missing for FOP 0.95 final?
>
> There were a few broken links when generating the website:
> build/site/skin/images/tab-right.gif
> build/site/skin/images/tab-left.gif
> build/site/trunk/graphics.html: anchor #imageio not found
> build/site/0.95/graphics.html: anchor #imageio not found

I'll look into that later today.

> Also, the regression introduced in bug #44412 would need to be fixed.

Oh, right. Are you working on this?

> Otherwise I think we can go ahead.
>
> Vincent
>

> --
> Vincent Hennebert                            Anyware Technologies
> http://people.apache.org/~vhennebert         http://www.anyware-tech.com
> Apache FOP Committer                         FOP Development/Consulting

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Branch usage

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I've fixed the #imageio anchor locally. I don't, however, have a broken
link for the tab-left/right.gif images. Building the site from current
Forrest Trunk, there's no such problem. I've also fixed a problem in
Forrest with missing/broken images in the release-specific changes PDF.

Unfortunately, SVN write access is disabled again, so I'll commit
everything later.

Re: Branch usage

Posted by Max Berger <ma...@berger.name>.
Jeremias,

actually I'd prefer the current trunk version of commons, since it
contains my fix for loading files from classpath, which i need in
JEuclid. So please go ahead

+1

Max Berger
e-mail: max@berger.name

--
PGP/GnuPG ID: E81592BC   Print: F489F8759D4132923EC4
BC7E072AB73AE81592BC

Re: Branch usage

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi,