Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Secrist <to...@secristfamily.com> on 2002/10/06 18:19:21 UTC

Not Autoloading servlets?

I recently moved from 4.04 to 4.1.12.  Tomcat is no longer autoloading my servlets from my web.xml file.  Nothing in that file has changed since I moved to 4.1.12.  Nothing shows up in the logs that suggests it even attempted to auto load them.  What is going on?

Randy

Re: Not Autoloading servlets?

Posted by Randy Secrist <to...@secristfamily.com>.
I found it.  Looks like the invoker servlet has been disabled in the global
web.xml - and is enabled in the examples web.xml.  Is this due to the
security problem found in 4.04 and 4.1.10?  If so - isn't it the hole
reopened if we enable the invoker servlet in each web app instead of
globally?

Randy

Posted by Randy Secrist <to...@secristfamily.com>.
No I did not.  I only want them to load at startup - using the tag in the
web.xml.  I do not want the ability to reload them to be active.

Was the security bug in the invoker servlet itself, or was it in using the
invoker servlet from the global xml file?  Is it still safe to use the
invoker servlet from within each web app?

Randy

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: Not Autoloading servlets?