Posted to user@struts.apache.org by subhendukumar mohanty <su...@infy.com> on 2002/02/22 21:36:33 UTC

Help needded on Struts-config file

Hi

One of the mapping in struts-config.xml file comes with example is as follows

<action-mappings>
<action path="/logon" type="org.apache.struts.example.LogonAction"
 name="logonForm"
 scope="request"
 input="/logon.jsp"
 unknown="false" validate="true" />
</action-mappings>

Could anybody explain me what the "input" element means. How it is used by controller.

Thanks,
Subhendu

Re: Help needded on Struts-config file

Posted by dderry <dd...@acm.org>.
Subhendu,

I'm not one of the experts, but I do know one way in which 'input' is used
by the controller. This specifies the page to which the user will be
returned if the ActionForm fails validation.

You can also us it in you Action class by returning new ActionForward(
mapping.getInput() ) if your processing encounters any errors.

Perhaps one of the pros will chime up if there are any other uses.

Dave D