Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/02/14 17:42:22 UTC

[VOTE] Terminate log4php

There is no reasonable expectation of log4php satisfying the exit
criteria.  log4php has had no code modification in over a year and
minimal activity on the log4php-dev and log4php-user mailing lists.
Repeated attempts have been made to communicate with the sole
committer without success.  log4php was previously discussed on
general@incubator on 2006-12-21 (http://www.mail-archive.com/
general@incubator.apache.org/
msg12099.html).

A recent vote to request termination of log4php on general@logging
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-general/200702.mbox/
%3cA5D6953E-1917-476D-876D-0226259218A2@apache.org%3e) concluded
after almost 5 days with 2 +1 votes from PMC members and one +1 from
a log4net committer with no other votes or comments.  Announcement of
the vote was posted to log4php-dev and log4php-user and prompted no
comments.  Since the vote was concurrent with the log4net acceptance
vote, it is reasonable to assume that other PMC members intentionally
abstained from voting on the issue.  As such, the Logging Services
PMC has no position regarding termination of log4php.

Acting only as mentor and Incubator PMC member and not on behalf of
the Logging Services PMC, I request that the Incubator PMC terminate
the log4php incubation.  The source code should continue to be
available from the Subversion, though possibly in a different
location to reflect its terminated status.  The STATUS file should be
updated to reflect its terminated status and provide instruction on
how to revive the project if circumstances change.  The Incubator PMC
should make a decision to whether the log4php mailing lists should be
maintained.

Here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Terminate log4php

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On 2/14/07, Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
> Acting only as mentor and Incubator PMC member and not on behalf of
> the Logging Services PMC, I request that the Incubator PMC terminate
> the log4php incubation.

+1.

> how to revive the project if circumstances change.  The Incubator PMC
> should make a decision to whether the log4php mailing lists should be
> maintained.

Redirect to general@incubator.

Yoav

Re: [VOTE] Terminate log4php

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 15 February 2007 00:42, Curt Arnold wrote:

<snip content="good summary" />

+1

Cheers
Niclas

Re: [VOTE] Terminate log4php

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Feb 14, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> There is no reasonable expectation of log4php satisfying the exit
> criteria.  log4php has had no code modification in over a year and
> minimal activity on the log4php-dev and log4php-user mailing
> lists.  Repeated attempts have been made to communicate with the
> sole committer without success.  log4php was previously discussed
> on general@incubator on 2006-12-21 (http://www.mail-archive.com/
> general@incubator.apache.org/
> msg12099.html).
>
> A recent vote to request termination of log4php on general@logging
> (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-general/
> 200702.mbox/%3cA5D6953E-1917-476D-876D-0226259218A2@apache.org%3e)
> concluded after almost 5 days with 2 +1 votes from PMC members and
> one +1 from a log4net committer with no other votes or comments.
> Announcement of the vote was posted to log4php-dev and log4php-user
> and prompted no comments.  Since the vote was concurrent with the
> log4net acceptance vote, it is reasonable to assume that other PMC
> members intentionally abstained from voting on the issue.  As such,
> the Logging Services PMC has no position regarding termination of
> log4php.
>
> Acting only as mentor and Incubator PMC member and not on behalf of
> the Logging Services PMC, I request that the Incubator PMC
> terminate the log4php incubation.  The source code should continue
> to be available from the Subversion, though possibly in a different
> location to reflect its terminated status.  The STATUS file should
> be updated to reflect its terminated status and provide instruction
> on how to revive the project if circumstances change.  The
> Incubator PMC should make a decision to whether the log4php mailing
> lists should be maintained.
>
> Here is my +1

And mine: +1

Re: [VOTE] Terminate log4php

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 2/14/07, Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
> There is no reasonable expectation of log4php satisfying the exit
> criteria.  log4php has had no code modification in over a year and
> minimal activity on the log4php-dev and log4php-user mailing lists.
> Repeated attempts have been made to communicate with the sole
> committer without success.  log4php was previously discussed on
> general@incubator on 2006-12-21 (http://www.mail-archive.com/
> general@incubator.apache.org/
> msg12099.html).
>
> A recent vote to request termination of log4php on general@logging
> (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-general/200702.mbox/
> %3cA5D6953E-1917-476D-876D-0226259218A2@apache.org%3e) concluded
> after almost 5 days with 2 +1 votes from PMC members and one +1 from
> a log4net committer with no other votes or comments.  Announcement of
> the vote was posted to log4php-dev and log4php-user and prompted no
> comments.  Since the vote was concurrent with the log4net acceptance
> vote, it is reasonable to assume that other PMC members intentionally
> abstained from voting on the issue.  As such, the Logging Services
> PMC has no position regarding termination of log4php.
>
> Acting only as mentor and Incubator PMC member and not on behalf of
> the Logging Services PMC, I request that the Incubator PMC terminate
> the log4php incubation.  The source code should continue to be
> available from the Subversion, though possibly in a different
> location to reflect its terminated status.  The STATUS file should be
> updated to reflect its terminated status and provide instruction on
> how to revive the project if circumstances change.  The Incubator PMC
> should make a decision to whether the log4php mailing lists should be
> maintained.
>
> Here is my +1

+1.  -- justin

Fwd: [VOTE][RESULT] Terminate log4php

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
FYI:

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Terminate log4php

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Terminate log4php

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Feb 14, 2007, at 5:42 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:
> There is no reasonable expectation of log4php satisfying the exit
> criteria.
<snip/>

Re: [VOTE] Terminate log4php

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
> Curt Arnold wrote:
> >
> > Acting only as mentor and Incubator PMC member and not on behalf of the
> > Logging Services PMC, I request that the Incubator PMC terminate the
> > log4php incubation.  The source code should continue to be available
> > from the Subversion, though possibly in a different location to reflect
> > its terminated status.  The STATUS file should be updated to reflect its
> > terminated status and provide instruction on how to revive the project
> > if circumstances change.  The Incubator PMC should make a decision to
> > whether the log4php mailing lists should be maintained.
> >
> > Here is my +1

+1

Re: [VOTE] Terminate log4php

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Curt Arnold wrote:

> Acting only as mentor and Incubator PMC member and not on behalf of the
> Logging Services PMC, I request that the Incubator PMC terminate the
> log4php incubation.  The source code should continue to be available
> from the Subversion, though possibly in a different location to reflect
> its terminated status.  The STATUS file should be updated to reflect its
> terminated status and provide instruction on how to revive the project
> if circumstances change.  The Incubator PMC should make a decision to
> whether the log4php mailing lists should be maintained.
>
> Here is my +1

+1 here.

RE: [VOTE] Terminate log4php

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.