Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2017/02/12 09:24:33 UTC

Build problems...

Paul,
'install' doesn't work anymore... Or at least, the ~/.m2/repository is not
populated.

And I can't figure out how the all-plugin way of build system is actually
working.

What do I need to do for "local build" and be able to use that in another
local project?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
http://polygene.apache.org <http://zest.apache.org> - New Energy for Java

Re: Build problems...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Weird... I can't replicate it... Dropping it for now.

Re: Build problems...

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman a �crit :

Re: Build problems...

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@apache.org>.
Le 2017-02-26 14:26, Niclas Hedhman a �crit�:
> * POM has correct artifactId
> * $HOME/.m2/repository/ is populated

Cool

> * The test/ are still causing issue in IDEA, most likely related to
> perfRuntimeOnly configuration that can't be resolved to something
> useful.

I don't see any red in IDEA, see http://pasteboard.co/D2ZQc3BpW.png
Using IntelliJ IDEA 2016.3.4
I imported the project in IDEA directly (no ./gradlew idea) and I'm
using the "one module per sourceset" feature, which is the default iirc.

What happens exactly?

> That said;
>
> Somewhere, artifact/version/filename parsing is happening. If I provide
> "-Dversion=3.0.0-alpha1" then the file names are screwed up, and
> becomes
> ".jar", "-sources.jar" and so on, without a name.
>
> The following from a quick test;
>
> 3.0.0 --> correct file names
> 3.0.0.alpha1 --> corrupt
> 3.0.0-alpha1 --> corrupt
> 3.0.alpha1 --> correct
>
> I don't know if this is serious enough to bother about, but I thought I
> should give the feedback.

Weird. I'll have a look, thanks for the feedback!

Re: Build problems...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
That said;

Somewhere, artifact/version/filename parsing is happening. If I provide a
"-Dversion=3.0.0-alpha1" then the file names are screwed up, and becomes
".jar", "-sources.jar" and so on, without a name.

The following from a quick test;

3.0.0 --> correct file names
3.0.0.alpha1 --> corrupt
3.0.0-alpha1 --> corrupt
3.0.alpha1 --> correct

I don't know if this is serious enough to bother about, but I thought I
should give the feedback.

Niclas

Re: Build problems...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
* POM has correct artifactId

Re: Build problems...

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@apache.org>.
Niclas,

Re: Build problems...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
I have been digging in this for a while now, and my findings are...

Since the project.name isn't changed "upfront", but trying to keep the

Re: Build problems...

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.

Re: Build problems...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.