Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ayyanar Inbamohan <te...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/23 10:52:41 UTC

JSP pages stopped compiling when upgrading to 4.1

I'm migrating pages that worked in 3.xxx Tomcat up to
Tomcat 4.1.
 Thestart of the page is like,

this:

<jsp:root
xmlns:xtags="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/xtags-1.0"
xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Pagehttp://java.sun.com/dtd/jspxml.xsd"></jsp:root>Yet,
with 4.1,

these exceptions are occuring when I try to
compile:org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to
compile class for JSP

at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:479)at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:184)at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:289)at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)at

do anyone have solution for this problem.