Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/08/02 14:10:01 UTC

Re: mod_access/802: .htaccess does not recognize IP-Number if the host has a DNS-Entry

The following reply was made to PR mod_access/802; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>
To: Roberto Mazzoni <ma...@rzu.unizh.ch>
Subject: Re: mod_access/802: .htaccess does not recognize IP-Number if the host has a DNS-Entry
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 05:00:53 -0700 (PDT)

 On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Roberto Mazzoni wrote:

 > <LIMIT GET POST>
 > order deny,allow
 > deny from all
 > allow from rzufs1.unizh.ch          #
 > allow from rzufs1e.unizh.ch         #
 > allow from rzufs1f.unizh.ch         #
 > allow from 130.60.44.               #
 > allow from 130.60.112.101
 > require group koord
 > require valid-user
 > satisfy all
 > </LIMIT>

 Are those #s really in your config files?  They shouldn't be, apache won't
 treat them as comments.

 At any rate, the ip comparison is definately done versus remote_ip, which
 is always in numeric form.  And I use this all the time so I'm unsure how
 it's not working in your case.  Can you try some different orderings of
 the access list?  Maybe eliminate everything except this one case.

 Dean