Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Josh Joy <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/05 12:30:50 UTC

Writing Tapestry 4 app while keeping in mind Tapestry 5 migration points?

Hi All,

Currently I'm writing a new Tapestry 4 app. I was
wondering if there was
some ways I should watch out for when I build my app
that will help make
the transition to Tapestry 5 smoother? For instance, I
was reading
through the email archives and it was mentioned to
stay away from OGNL?
(Though it wasn't stated what was the easiest / best
approach since the
prop: tag doesnt work for all situations).

Thanks in advance,
Josh

Re: Writing Tapestry 4 app while keeping in mind Tapestry 5 migration points?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Use services to handle lots of your redundant logic....Stuff like that.

Your custom components will have to change no matter what you do, but the
basic concept of IOC will still be there so going with that would be a
start.

On 9/5/06, Josh Joy <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Currently I'm writing a new Tapestry 4 app. I was
> wondering if there was
> some ways I should watch out for when I build my app
> that will help make
> the transition to Tapestry 5 smoother? For instance, I
> was reading
> through the email archives and it was mentioned to
> stay away from OGNL?
> (Though it wasn't stated what was the easiest / best
> approach since the
> prop: tag doesnt work for all situations).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Josh

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer