Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Jeff Mesnil <jm...@bestofmedia.com> on 2011/07/04 17:46:02 UTC

Unicode issue in JSON encoding from Java

Hi,

There is an issue in Avro's trunk when enconding a GenericData as JSON
in GenericData#writeEscapedString()[1].
In the default clause, it must be the hexadecimal value of the character
that must be written and not the string itself, otherwise the built JSON
string is not valid.

I've created a patch (with a test) in GitHub and send a pull request[2]
to your Git repo.
Do you accept such patch or should I submit through Apache JIRA instead?

thanks,
jeff

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/avro/trunk/lang/java/avro/src/main/java/org/apache/avro/generic/GenericData.java?view=markup
[2] https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/2/files

Re: Unicode issue in JSON encoding from Java

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On 07/05/2011 09:25 AM, Scott Carey wrote:
> Create a Jira and upload a patch, granting licence to Apache.

More details on how to contribute to Avro are at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/AVRO/how-to-contribute.html

Doug

Re: Unicode issue in JSON encoding from Java

Posted by Jeff Mesnil <jm...@bestofmedia.com>.
On 07/05/2011 06:25 PM, Scott Carey wrote:
> Create a Jira and upload a patch, granting licence to Apache.

done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-851

thanks,
jeff

Re: Unicode issue in JSON encoding from Java

Posted by Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>.
Create a Jira and upload a patch, granting licence to Apache.

Thanks!

-Scott