Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Hicks <ro...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/19 16:37:06 UTC

JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal

Is that the "same" security manager we flip on for Tomcat or just an
unfortunate naming coincidence?

--
Bob

Re: JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 19/05/2021 17:37, Robert Hicks wrote:
> Is that the "same" security manager we flip on for Tomcat or just an
> unfortunate naming coincidence?

It is the same one.

If you need the security manager I'd expect, based on typical lifetimes
of Tomcat major versions, that you'd have a supported version of Tomcat
where you could use a security manager in its current form for at least
the next decade. Longer term solutions are still very much TBD.

Mark