Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com> on 2007/03/01 06:34:27 UTC

Re: Multiple repositories with mixed directories (newbie)

On Feb 28, 2007, at 15:10, Kylo Ginsberg wrote:

> Fwiw, another idea is to write a checkout script that knows the format
> of your repository, and does non-recursive checkouts of the upper
> directories, followed by a normal recursive checkout of the
> leaf/module directories.   I had to do something like this to get
> support for cvs-style modules with subversion.
>
> Something like:
> #!/bin/bash
>
> mod=$1
> svnroot=svn://server/repos
>
> svn co -N css css
> svn co -N css/modules css/modules
> svn co css/modules/$mod css/modules/$mod

That's not how you're supposed to accomplish that. I was under the
impression that you have now created, for example, a working copy
modules which is unrelated to the css working copy containing it, and
the same for each module.

What I think you want instead is:

svn co -N css css
svn up -N css/modules
svn up css/modules/$mod

That way everything is still seen as a part of the single css working
copy.

Posted by Kylo Ginsberg <ky...@gmail.com>.
Ah, thanks Ryan!  I hadn't grokked that distinction, but I
experimented a bit.  That makes good sense now.  Thanks,

Kylo