Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Poppe, Troy" <Tr...@eia.doe.gov> on 2005/03/16 16:04:13 UTC

[email] Clean way to substitute BodyPart implementations?

I'm wanting to extend MultiPartEmail to provide an SMIME MultiPartEmail
implementation.

However, it looks like the addPart(...) methods all directly instantiate
MimeBodyPart.  My SMIME implementation would ideally use the addPart() methods,
but I'd need it to instantiate an SMimeBodyPart.

My solution would be to move the instantiation of the BodyPart implementation to
a getBodyPart() method, and allow my implementation to do what it needs.

Any thoughts on another solution that wouldn't require a change to the current
1.0-rc4 release?

Thanks.

RE: [email] Clean way to substitute BodyPart implementations?

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I am somewhat (well maybe very) loath to change email.  I think the 1.0
release is ready to roll (I hope to cut it tomarrow) now that the vote
for 1.0 based on RC4 has passed on Tuesday with the required 3 +1's.

However, that isn't to say we can do a change and move on 1.0.1
aggressively.  Please put a patch in and I'll be happy to review it.

Eric