Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/03/31 11:36:26 UTC

Calcite on StackOverflow

Looking for ways to contribute to Calcite? There are a few questions tagged “calcite” that do not yet have answers. It would be great if someone could answer them.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/calcite <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/calcite>

Julian

Re: Calcite on StackOverflow

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Yes, increasing activity on StackOverflow is good news indeed.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s well worth answering questions on SO. SO is better indexed, so an answer on SO is more likely to be found than an answer on an Apache mailing list. And the format (clear questions, voting up answers, and so forth) tends to produce useful knowledge.

As we’ve said before, writing code is not the only kind of contribution for which we would make someone a committer. If someone was active answering questions about Calcite on SO I would regard it as valuable community activity and I would be inclined to vote for them as a committer.

Julian

Posted by Albert <zi...@gmail.com>.

--
no mistakes