Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Nicholas Quaine <qu...@jpmorgan.com> on 2001/04/18 13:10:26 UTC

Re: Scopes and lifetime

you can specify session scope in your deployment descriptor as following:-

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
  id="urn:MyServices">
  <isd:provider type="java" scope="Session"
    methods="...

this will mean that each http session gets its own instance
not that the client must specify the cookie in the http header upon subsequent
requests so that the instance can be accessed

Nick

ahomburg@intermediate.de on 04/18/2001 06:27:39 AM

Please respond to soap-user@xml.apache.org

To:   soap-user@xml.apache.org
cc:   (bcc: Nicholas Quaine)
Subject:  Scopes and lifetime

Hi

I'm a little confused on the Scope-thing. I want an instance to be
available within one certain session. How can I do that? Does SOAP support
a "session" scope or not?

Alex

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.