Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2013/07/09 01:27:03 UTC

code sample added...

Bhargav,
further to our quick chat this eve [2], I've uploaded a code sample to your
repo [1]

Note that this is in the 'dan' branch.  The README has the salient details.

*Maurizio*: if you get a moment, could you confirm that this code sample
works ok for you?

Thx
Dan

~~~
[1] https://github.com/bhargavgolla/isisJavaScript/tree/dan
[2] transcript:

Bhargav Golla
Hi Dan, I am still unable to access my html page via URL. I placed the
index.html file in webapp\src\main\webapp . But I am unable to access it
with localhost:8080/index.html. My request isn't giving me anything. I am
just getting a blank page. I tried changing permissions of the file also.
Still no luck. Any help here?

Dan Haywood
Can you grant me commit access to your git hub report so that I can upload
a code sample?

Bhargav Golla
Will do that
Added

Re: code sample added...

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 9 July 2013 18:26, Bhargav Golla <bh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Got it working.

good-o.

> So this means that I will have to compile the war every time I change
> something in HTML/JS, isn't it?

No... per the README I wrote [1], you can edit and save in your editor,
then reload (ctrl+R in chrome).  Jetty will automatically detect the change.

> Is there any config change to allow all requests to our server so that I
> don't hit a CORS issue?

Don't quite follow you - but if you were thinking of hosting the scripts on
some other server for dynamic reloading, then you shouldn't need to worry
about that; see above.

Re: code sample added...

Posted by Bhargav Golla <bh...@gmail.com>.
Got it working. So this means that I will have to compile the war every
time I change something in HTML/JS, isn't it? Is there any config change to
allow all requests to our server so that I don't hit a CORS issue?

Bhargav Golla
Developer. Freelancer.
B.E (Hons.) Computer Science
BITS-Pilani