Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2006/04/13 02:15:20 UTC

IRC chat tips: Merging changes in svn, accessing svn info from Jira

On #derby IRC I confessed to Andrew that I've only been committing doc
patches to the trunk -- and I've been inattentive to the Fix In version
in the Jira issue.

With a 10.1.3 release now being planned, I should clean this up, so I
asked him how to merge changes. Here's the info I gathered for anyone
else who doesn't already know this stuff.

Taking a single merge as an example, I committed Halley's patch for
DERBY-1207 to the trunk in revision 393540.

All I need to do to merge it to 10.1 is ...

cd derby/docs/branches/10.1

svn merge -r 393539:393540
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/docs/trunk/

Andrew also explained you can merge a range; for example, 393539:393614
would merge many of the changes that went in today.

If you forget to update the Fix In version in Jira and want to verify
and set it later, the Jira issue provides access to the svn commit info
(though not immediately after a commit). The main Comments section is
below the Description box. To the right of "Comments" there's a
"Subversion Commits" link, which brings up the svn info.

-jean