Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Pyro MX <py...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/25 23:58:03 UTC

Apache NetBeans swag ready on the RedBubble storefront!

Good day NetBeans users and devs,

I am very pleased to announce that the NetBeans swag is now available on
the ASF's RedBubble store front! Before I put the links however, I need
to say this:

Many many thanks to all who collaborated to the design process and
voting - your input has been invaluable to produce the designs. I also
have special mentions:

* Emmanuel Hugonnet, who peer-reviewed the designs before they were even
public, ensuring that once we put them out there, they were clean cut
* Mark Thomas from the ASF, who guided us through the process of
designing, producing and finalizing the designs in a smooth way
* Geertjan Wielenga, who provided guidance and feedback throughout,
validating the way I worked and ensuring I didn't slip out
* Every one who contributed through voting, feedback and also behind the
scenes to make this project happen

Without further ado, here are the links to all the designs who made it
to RedBubble:

* https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/147650146?ref=studio-promote
* https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/147650252?ref=studio-promote
* https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/147650377?ref=studio-promote
* https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/147650496?ref=studio-promote
* https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/147650565?ref=studio-promote
* https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/147650632?ref=studio-promote

Last but not least, thank you for your trust during this project - I was
very privileged to work with the NetBeans logo and the NetBeans
community to create those swag designs and I truly hope from the bottom
of my heart that you'll enjoy them as much as I enjoyed putting them
together!

Enjoy!

--
Pyro MX

Re: Apache NetBeans swag ready on the RedBubble storefront!

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@isys.de>.
A word of warning to all those ordering from the EU.

Apparently the goods are sent via the UK through an entity literally
called "An Independent Artist" located in Burgess Hill. However, since
the UK has left the EU, anything imported from there into the EU is
subject to customs duties and additional taxes. And there is a healthy
dose of manual bureacracy involved, which in my case means I have been
sent a letter from the German post office that they are holding my
package until I prove that I have paid. They require me to send photos
of the products and transaction details - none of which I have ever
received from redbubble.com.

Their customer service is unavailable, because in order to talk to them
you need to supply an order number - which I have never received. I did
get a promotional mail from them and then promptly unsubscribed from
their newsletter, which may have led to them not being able to send the
order confirmation.

Sorry for bothering this user list with all those pesky details, but
since the original advertisement for the RedBubble ASF storefront also
appeared on this list, I feel that those considering to order from the
EU have a right to know what they may be in for. I don't need any
specific help in my case, because if I'm out of my money and never
receive any swag, then I will consider it as a donation and I know that
none of you reading this are at fault here.

However, those responsible for the ASF storefront at RedBubble.com might
take it as feedback and ask themselves whether this unavailable company
with its extremely incapable support bot is the right partner for the
ASF. At the very least those ordering from the EU should be informed
that the goods are sent via the UK and might be subject to additional
charges and manual steps, which, if for whatever reason they cannot be
complied with, can lead to the products being sent back.

Kind regards

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Fantastic work.

Gj