Posted to users@maven.apache.org by William Ferguson <Wi...@yarris.com> on 2008/02/27 23:38:15 UTC

Specifying fileName for assembly-plugin

Is it possible to generate an assembly whose filename does not get the
artifactId appended to the end of the finalName?

Eg the following config generates myproject-domain.zip (domain being the
artifactId in the assembly descriptor).

<configuration>
	<finalName>myproject</finalName>
	<descriptors>
		<descriptor>src/main/assembly/domain.xml</descriptor>
	</descriptors>
</configuration>

I'd like to be able to exactly specify the name of the generated
assembly.

I've tried specifying an empty classifier but specifying classifier in
the plugin config seems to get ignored.

William

RE: Specifying fileName for assembly-plugin

Posted by William Ferguson <Wi...@yarris.com>.
OK, I should have kept plugging away.
Specifying an empty artifactId in the assembly descriptor achieves this.

I was certain that it didn't use to though.

William