Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by odonya <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/21 11:02:04 UTC

When I try copying a text file from a client in guacamole I get this error 'guacd[24350]: Ignoring unsupported clipboard data'

I am getting an error 'guacd[24350]: Ignoring unsupported clipboard data'.
Does guacamole allow for copying files from the remote client?

--
View this message in context: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/When-I-try-copying-a-text-file-from-a-client-in-guacamole-I-get-this-error-guacd-24350-Ignoring-unsu-tp822.html

Re: When I try copying a text file from a client in guacamole I get this error 'guacd[24350]: Ignoring unsupported clipboard data'

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 4:02 AM, odonya <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting an error 'guacd[24350]: Ignoring unsupported clipboard data'.
> Does guacamole allow for copying files from the remote client?

No, Guacamole currently only implements copy/paste of text. To
transfer files, you will need to use the file transfer support
applicable to the protocol in question.

For RDP, you can use either drive redirection or SFTP:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-device-redirection
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-sftp

For VNC and SSH, SFTP is the only file transfer option:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#vnc-sftp
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#ssh-sftp

- Mike