Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Emily Daves <em...@thehoodiefirm.com> on 2018/09/06 15:32:47 UTC

[NEWS] The CouchDB weekly news for September 6th is out!

Hello hello!

The Apache CouchDB weekly news is now live at:

http://blog.couchdb.org/2018/09/06/couchdb-weekly-news-september-6-2018

Highlights include some new releases in the CouchDB universe, numerous
Stack Overflow questions, and an article that asks whether 3D printing can
help save the world's coral reefs.

If you have news for the next issue, just REPLY to this thread!

Cheers!

--
Emily Daves

The Neighbourhoodie Software GmbH
Ohlauer Straße, 10999 Berlin
neighbourhood.ie

Re: [NEWS] The CouchDB weekly news for September 6th is out!

Posted by Joel A <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

I recently published version 1.2.0 of couchster (
https://github.com/OldSneerJaw/couchster), a utility for generating
comprehensive document validation functions for CouchDB. The main
highlights of the release:

- An option to skip validation of a property or element if its value has
not changed since the document’s last revision. This can greatly ease the
burden of migrating schema changes; no longer is there strictly a need to
bulk update existing documents to accommodate breaking changes.
- A new validation type that matches any JSON data type: string, number,
boolean, array or object. May be useful, for example, in cases where an
array is allowed to hold an arbitrary mix of data types.
- A new validation type that matches one of any number of candidate
validation types based on arbitrary conditions. For example, the following
document definitions snippet allows hashtable element values of either UUID
or integer types:

identifiers: {
  type: 'hashtable',
  hashtableValuesValidator: {
    type: 'conditional',
    required: true,
    validationCandidates: [
      {
        condition: function(doc, oldDoc, currentItemEntry,
validationItemStack) {
          return typeof currentItemEntry.itemValue === 'string';
        },
        validator: { type: 'uuid' }
      },
      {
        condition: function(doc, oldDoc, currentItemEntry,
validationItemStack) {
          return typeof currentItemEntry.itemValue === 'number';
        },
        validator: {
          type: 'integer',
          minimumValue: 1