Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rich Lemanski <rl...@siue.edu> on 2000/07/12 20:02:43 UTC

Where to get benchmarking utilities?

Hello all,

I just visited Stas Bekman's Benchmarking Applications page at:
http://thingy.kcilink.com/modperlguide/performance/Benchmarking_Applications.html

I was wondering where I can download those benchmarking utilities
ApacheBench and Crashme test?  From what I can recall, ApacheBench comes
with Linux but I not sure.  I am hoping these will help me benchmark the
performance differences between mod_perl and Perl/CGI on Apache across
multiple operating systems:  Mandrake Linux 7.0, Solaris 7.0, and Win98se.

Thanks for the help!

Rich

Re: Where to get benchmarking utilities?

Posted by Adi <ad...@certsite.com>.
ApacheBench comes with Apache (src/support/ab.c).  Stas has a benchmarking
perl module available at

http://stason.org/work/modules/Apache-Benchmark-0.01.tar.gz

which uses ab to run tests.  I am working on a perl (XS) interface to ab,
with some extra features, which should be ready for first release in a week
or two.  Sounds like you don't need much more than ab at the moment though.

-Adi