Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Vishnu Mohanan <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/22 07:22:04 UTC

Error during the installation of Apache??

Hi Sir,
        My name is Vishnu working as a Bioinformatics programmer in India. I
faced several problems in installation of mod_perl. I have installed Apache
httpd-2.2.6 in my local system. I installed Apache in the system using the
following commands

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
make
make install

After that I tried to install mod_perl-2.0.3.
I gave the following command to install it.

[root@localhost mod_perl-2.0.3]# perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=
"/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs"

But the result is only a error message as follows.

Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
 MP_APXS = /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
no conflicting prior mod_perl version found - good.
[  error] Unable to determine server version, aborting.
[  error] Invalid MP_APXS specified?

When I checked in the system, there is no folder named "APXS".
The APXS folder is not creating in the "/usr/local/apache2/bin/" directory.
I am using Fedora 5 version.
Is APXS is necessary? Then how will we create that?

Will you help me to install the mod_perl properly
Waiting for your reply..
Thanking you
                          Yours faithfully
                                                 Vishnu

Re: Error during the installation of Apache??

Posted by Torsten Foertsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Monday 22 October 2007, Vishnu Mohanan wrote:
> When I checked in the system, there is no folder named "APXS".
> The APXS folder is not creating in the "/usr/local/apache2/bin/" directory.
> I am using Fedora 5 version.
> Is APXS is necessary? Then how will we create that?

apxs is a program distributed with the apache web server to simplify module
developement. mod_perl needs it to inquire configuration data like compiler
flags, paths etc. It normally resides in the same directory as your http
server. So look at the place where your http server is installed and you'll
find an apxs program or just do:

find / -name apxs -type f -print

Torsten