Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Miner, James" <jm...@columnit.com> on 2010/12/10 20:56:53 UTC

Tomcat/IIS Integration

I have been working on this issue for a few days now. Last week, my client needed to refresh their development server and one of the web services applications that they were running did not come over in working order. To reinstall I needed to remove the Tomcat instance, and any references in the registries, uninstall everything and then reinstall.
This has caused a few new problems, mainly that, because the application is configured to use IIS as its web server and Tomcat as its Java server, it needs a Jakarta instance to facilitate the Java handling back and forth. I've looked into this solution and cannot seem to find Jakarta (at least not a current version) on the Apache site. I did, however, find that Tomcat Connectors may have the functionality that I am looking for but, when I looked at the configuration guide included with the binary distribution it seemed to be a process more complicated than I, a business process analyst/Remedy developer, am comfortable performing on a client's box.
As I said, this is a bit out of my area of expertise and I am looking for suggestions of any nature here. If there is a product that I missed, a step-by-step guide somewhere out there or anything that you believe would be helpful to me at this point, I will be more than happy to hear about it. As it is, I am at a stand-still with my actual work until I can get this issue resolved, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Versions:

Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 SP2
Tomcat 5.5.9
IIS 6.0
JDK and JRE 1.6.0

Thank you,

James Miner
Consultant/Service Support-Column Technologies
130 William Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10038
P: (917) 969-8331
E: jminer@columnit.com

RE: Tomcat/IIS Integration

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Miner, James [mailto:jminer@columnit.com]
> Subject: Tomcat/IIS Integration

> Versions:
> Tomcat 5.5.9

Please, please, upgrade Tomcat while you're in there.  That version is over five years old, and many, many security and bug fixes have gone in since then.

 - Chuck

RE: Tomcat/IIS Integration

Posted by "Miner, James" <jm...@columnit.com>.
This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you so much.

It is daunting at first, for sure. But it's easy once you understand it.

This guide may help:

http://it.megocollector.com/?p=224

-Jordan

Re: Tomcat/IIS Integration