Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/12 17:53:56 UTC

Creating queues via activemq-configuration.xml when using ActiveMQ6

Hi all,

I figured I would ask on the list about this one rather than raise a
JIRA, potential user error :D

When reading the docs I saw mention of being able to define core
queues in activemq-configuration.xml, or 'JMS queues' via
activemq-jms.xml. I have got the latter working fine, but was unable
to get the former to work.

Adding this in activemq-configuration.xml appeared to make no
difference, I didnt see the new queue via JMX after restarting and was
unsurprisingly thus unable to produce/consume from it using an AMQP
client.
   <queues>
      <queue name="myQueue">
         <address>myQueue</address>
      </queue>
   </queues>

I don't see what I'm doing wrong, and think I got this to work against
an old version of the broker several months ago, so I was wondering if
anyone else sees the problem, or whether anything has changed in this
area - is it still supported?

Thanks,
Robbie

Re: Creating queues via activemq-configuration.xml when using ActiveMQ6

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
For now always use jms queues and jms topics only.. They would be visible
for you if you did like that.

We are changing things as we go.. perhaps you got us in between changes?
but it should be working fine now anyways.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
JMS Queues would have core-queues by result.

But why you need a core-queue anyways? a Core queue is only useful when